Day 98: Canada, "BIGFOOT" Moose Tour - Revelstoke to Kelowna to Vancouver


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Kelowna
August 12th 2006
Published: August 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day 98: Saturday 12th. August: Sunny: 2 hostels to go: Actually cool this morning. It was off to the markets and shops in a spot away from anywhere it seemed, then a walk around the historic site where the last iron spike was welded in to connect the east and west railway, on to the Go-Karts for those who dared at road rage, We called in at a flea market before a lunch stop on a lake. A visit to The Gray Monk winery for wine tasting, but I prefer ours in Western Australia although their views are spectacular. Arrived at our hostel in Kelowna, checked in and went for a walk around this rather lovely city with water, parks, traffic and people everywhere.

Day 99: Week 15: Sunday 13th. August: Sunny: 1 more hostel and 4 nights and we will be homeward bound: Up and away for a long, long drive on highways through The Rockies, with rivers flowing rapidly beside the road much of the time and the mountains all around, it was quite enjoyable and very scenic. We stopped at an airstrip as some of the group went parachuting - not for me - so we sat at waited and watched. Back on the road and the closer we got to Vancouver the more the smog was evident. When in Vancouver 6 years ago we didn’t notice the smog - perhaps the time of year more than pollution or global warming. We were dropped off at the Hostel Central - in a real grotty part of town, drunks and drug dealing everywhere - prefer the Downtown which also has a better kitchen, but it was convenient sort of.



Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0347s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb