Hippy Loop


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Fernie
June 6th 2008
Published: June 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Another day in paradise. We started out from a drizzly Castlegar (on the 1st day of their "Sunfest") and headed up to Nelson (hippy/ski town) which is actually pretty neat...lots of cool shops (read 'outdoor gear') and cafes. From there we went along the shores of Kootenay Lake and Samuel had his first ferry ride. The road was very windy, but lots of very nice houses to gawk at. At Gray Creek we ate a lake-side lunch with a splendid view of the Selkirk Mtn Range. Back on the road...and on through Creston...non-descript really. And after a not-so-quick snack in Cranbrook we hit the road and headed into the mountians. We had sun on and off and crossed into the next time zone, losing an hour before we knew it. We are staying the night in Fernie, another ski town, with lots of snow still hanging on the mountains. Hopefully we'll have more sun tomorrow when we head to Alberta and a quick visit with Dave and Amber, etc in Lethbridge (old coal town with the longest wooden trestle bridge in NA). Again, not too sure where we're going to land tomorrow night...maybe Medicine Hat. Never thought about that name before, kinda weird. Anyrate, that's about it for today.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.222s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0889s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb