WATERTON/GLACIER INTERNATIONAL PEACE PARK


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta
August 17th 2005
Published: November 8th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Waterton Internationl World Peace SiteWaterton Internationl World Peace SiteWaterton Internationl World Peace Site

Boy do we need more of these I can ask Bush if he would make one in Iraq
quote] The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.----------Leo Tolstoy

August 17, 2005, Wednesday. We arrived at Waterton International Peace Park, situated at the southwest corner of Alberta on the US border. Actually quite small 210 square miles, but eons of geological activity which have left a legacy of richly colored mountains and canyons and lots of nice hiking areas.
We located The Historic Kilmorey Lodge our home for the next two nights. We thought it would be pleasant to spend some time out of the Bothan.
Well, it was a rainy day and we could not get into the room until 3 PM, so we drove around and walked some. We had lunch at the Prince of Wales lodge. The soup was cold, the salad was ok, the price was too high, and the service was sloooowwwww.
It seemed strange to be in a room with a bathtub!!! Yeah!!! We walked around town and had a meal in a nice Italian restaurant. The rain came in buckets so we went to a movie.

August 18, 2005, Thursday. We attacked the day by driving up Red Rock Canyon. We saw black bear and cayote along the way. We hiked the Red Rock Canyon loop and up to the Blakiston Falls. We hiked to Cameron Falls.
After a light lunch and biked around the lake/town. Today is just beautiful, sunny and clear.








Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Red RocksRed Rocks
Red Rocks

Notice the white layers
Many views of mountains Many views of mountains
Many views of mountains

This is just one of the manny great mountains


Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0319s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb