Day 18


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Lake Louise
September 30th 2009
Published: October 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

September 30, 2009
Where the heck are the bear? Today, after breakfast, we left for a ride up to Lake Louise. We’ve said in the past that we all naturally prefer the US to Canada and how happy we were to be back in the states earlier in the trip…but we all agreed; the Canadian Rockies out do the American Rockies, hands down! These mountains are higher, deeper and grander than any we’ve seen before! They seem to be everywhere. At any given point, we were surrounded on three sides by incredible vistas. And arriving at Lake Louise, we were simply amazed at the picture postcard view! (But still no bear!)
We moved further up the mountain to Lake Moraine which was also quite beautiful but bitter cold with a temperature of 40 degrees and a wind that went right through us. (But still no bear!)
We drove home the long way in hopes of seeing any creature of the woods…even a hoary marmot (I swear I didn’t make that unfortunate name up…I mean what kind of a life can a critter hope to have with a name like that…but I digress!) and arrived back to our cabin where we ate our picnic lunch inside because everyone was so cold! (But still no bear!)
We read, did crosswords and looked at the grandeur (there’s no TV). We’ll make American Chop Suey and probably go to bed…unless we get the nerve to go out in the dark and SEARCH FOR BEAR!
Today’s Road Lesson: Bears do not “you know what” in the woods up here! Apparently they don’t even LIVE in the woods.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.199s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0477s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb