Jaunt to Jasper - Tuesday 2016 October 4


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Jasper
October 4th 2016
Published: October 23rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

Even before I arrived at the steps of the Palliser Hotel, a greeter from Jasper Park Lodge called out, "Hello!', and asked if I were going to Jasper. She took my suitcase and directed me indoors to register and to have muffins and coffee.

As we drove along the TransCanada I enjoyed again the sight of rolled hay in the fields. The overcast sky dulled the colours, but heading west into the mountains is always uplifting. Turning onto the Banff-Jasper highway, I noticed the deciduous trees were bare, fading into the grey-green of the vegetation that cloaked the lower reaches of the massive rock faces of the mountains. Occasional bursts of sun decorated the peaks.

Our arrival at the Jasper Park Lodge came at the best part of the day, mild yet invigorating. Joyce came upon me almost immediately, and after a brief respite in our rooms, we set off on the walk around Lac Beauvert. In all lighting conditions and weather, this is indeed a beautiful, green lake. Remnants of fall foliage and grasses gave the eye a focal point against the emerald of the lake and the deep tones of the evergreens against the greys of the clouds and mountains.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Fall grassesFall grasses
Fall grasses

Lac Beauvert


24th October 2016

Low bandwidth . . .
. . . of a hotel's wifi is not ideal for viewing photos, but it sounds like a wonderful weekend (?). Always good to have someone pleased to have your patronage, and the mountains are wonderful in any season, although I like fall the best.

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb