Clean clothes and electricity - bliss!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Jasper
August 17th 2009
Published: October 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 119 (Monday 17/08/09, NJJ)
Both had a good snug, bug, rug sleep. Saw fantastic scenery once again on the way to Maligne Lake. The lake was pretty but we were disappointed that the sun wasn't right for taking photographs - there is something wrong with us that we can't just appreciate the beauty of the experience in the moment. We walked around the lake shore and saw a lovely wild deer. We were desperate to see bears but at the same time for safety sake were hoping that we wouldn't and especially not near any of our campsites. Drove back to Jasper. Met Laura (aka Fish, from our Africa In Focus tour) at 'The Other Bear Paw' cafe. We chatted there for an hour or so before moving on to 'Earls' for food - had delicious entrees then shared 's'mores' (Graham's crackers, melted marshmallows and melted chocolate) yum yum. It was great to catch up with Laura. Laura left us for the 3 hour drive to her home around 4.30pm. Jamie and I then spent time at a laundromat - we washed and dried three loads, charged a load of electricals and got to use the internet for ages. Back at the tent we watched Valkyrie on the laptop before cwtching up for sleep.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0696s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb