Day 104 - Jasper, Medicine and Maligne Lakes


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Jasper National Park
August 12th 2013
Published: August 13th 2013
Edit Blog Post

This morning we got up, cranked up the generator from 8 - 9:30 and then headed out to explore Jasper. We decided to head down town and check out the shopping and have lunch. What a pretty little town Jasper is. The shops are quant and have a nice variety of stuff to buy. We strolled leisurely down the main street and enjoyed the wonderful cool weather. The flowers in town were simply gorgeous as you can see from the pictures. We had lunch at a place called Smitty's and it kind of reminded us of a Denny's style restaurant. I can just see Henry reading this right now and laughing since our son thinks Denny's is where the "old folks" go to eat. This evening we took a drive to Medicine and Maligne Lakes. The locals told us the drive was well worth it, especially at dawn and dusk, since wildlife are usually abundant along the road. They were not kidding. Big horn sheep, deer, elk and a black bear were the sights we saw. We didn't get good pictures of the black bear because some guy kept moving his car in between the bear and us. Bummer. It was definitely worth the drive.


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0599s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb