Day 3


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Edmonton
June 8th 2012
Published: June 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

RelaxingRelaxingRelaxing

Checking emails and the blog at the end of the day
Another great day. Started with a bit of light rain, but turned into a great day with lots of sun. Much cooler, but was a nice break after the heat of the previous 2 days. Today we went from Brandon MB, to Edmonton AB. To this point our daily mileage has been; 1 – 657.4, 2 – 680.9, 3 – 709.9 miles. We have been in the seat 30 hours, 10 minutes. The speed limit is usually 110kpm, which is about 72mph. The locals tell us that 5 over is usually safe to avoid tickets, and that seems to be the standard traffic flow. Tomorrow will be a short day over to Grande Prairie, where we are both getting oil changes and having the bikes checked over before we head up the ALCAN. That should give me time to responde to some of the posts and texts I’ve received. We are having a great time, and the real adventure doesn’t start until Saturday!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

The rearThe rear
The rear

What Mike has been looking at for about 2000 miles.
BugsBugs
Bugs

Three days worth of bugs on Mikes bike.


8th June 2012

Living Vicariousl
Jim, Love the photos and the commentary! I've never followed a blog, and probably never will again; but it's like one of our own has escaped! Rock on! Norm
8th June 2012

Escaped
It's like escaping, and the guards aren't chasing you. There are happy people out here! I'll drink one for you and your eventual freedom.:-)

Tot: 0.173s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0601s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb