Day 2


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Manitoba » Brandon
June 7th 2012
Published: June 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

CanadaCanadaCanada

We made it through
Another great day of riding. Wx was about perfect, and we made good distance. Crossed the Canadian border with no difficulties. Again, not a great day for videos. For anyone that has been to ND, you know exactly what I’m talking about. Hopefully for all, us included, the scenery will pick up later tomorrow, or the next day. We stopped by Andy's HD in Grand Forks. I bought 4 bikes from there in the old days. Started talking with Denny (Andy's son), and we had a rememberance. Our memories remember the strangest things. He still has a picture of the 81 superglide I bought from him on his dresser. I wrecked the 11 June 83, but we both remembered stguff. Biggest issue now is picking a hotel to stop at. Neither of us are to picky, but beer close by is a requirement for both of us. Tonight’s accommodation is run by 2 Chinese, one speaks with a Canadian accent, and the other doesn’t speak or understand English. Guess who is behind the bar. Mike had almond chicken (with gravy). All he was missing was a couple of biscuts and you have thought you were in the Carolinas for breakfast. I had sweet and sour ribs. I'll leave it at that. After a few beers, and some Advil, we’ll be back on the road early tomorrow morning. Hope all the family and friends are doing good. Hope all of our work friends are managing w/o us, but if not…

Tomorrow, we're going to try for Edmonton.

Advertisement



7th June 2012

Taking Care
Glad to see you are still looking after the ole guys.. Ask Mike if he's wearing that Red shirt all the way to Alaska...
8th June 2012

Red shirt
I think he left it at one of our stops. Nt worth going back for, or having airshipped to our current location.:-)
7th June 2012

Mileage today?
Noticed that ya'll continued futher than the original plan. How many miles did ya'll get logged today? Damn sure wish I could be riding with ya'll! Stay safe and I'll track the ride again tomorrow.
8th June 2012

Miles
We're just going as long as we feel good. No set time or distance, just be in Whittier by the 18th.
7th June 2012

ribs
I guess your Dad's ribs were much better than yours. He is really enjoying dinnertime! Sounds as though things are going well. Hope the scenery improves soon.
8th June 2012

Ribs
Glad they were enjoyed. We could use some Rendevous ribs up here right about now. Scenery is much improved, and only going to get better.

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb