Back home safe and sound


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Calgary
August 13th 2006
Published: August 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We got up at 3:45am (our earliest morning yet!) to catch our 6:45am flight our of San Jose. We had heard the night before that airport security through the US had been beefed up. They were so strict that you could no longer take onboard and kind of liquid or gel. On our stopover in Houston, we had our bags searched and Trish was told that she was allowed her lip-balm because it was the stick kind - if it had been a gel it would have been confiscated.

In Houston, I took advantage of the ridiculously huge meal portion sizes and ordered a baked potato the size of my head, covered with butter, sour cream, green onions, cheese and beef - just delicious! It was probably one of the best meals of the entire trip.

We had another stopover in Los Angeles, my least favourite airport in the world. Since we were flying Air Canada, our flight was delayed by an hour while they got the plane working - seems to happen almost every time we fly that airline!

We finally got back to Calgary at about 12:30am, to find we had missed our shuttle and the next one wouldn't be back for over an hour. So we opted for a taxi, and were finally home at about 1:15am after a mere 21 hours of travel!

It was nice to be home - one of my first impressions was how everything seems so clean here.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0606s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb