Manitoba and Saskatchewan


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Calgary
May 15th 2012
Saved: March 15th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


As soon as we got into Manitoba the scenery changed to emptiness, all of the hills and lakes of northern Ontario were gone. We arrived in Winnipeg the first day and stayed at Benny’s cousin’s apartment. This was our first house we stayed at in a while and we definitely appreciated the homey feeling again. It was real nice to take our first warm shower and clean up a bit. We ended up staying two nights in Winnipeg to see the town and rest up and then said our goodbyes.

Next we drove into the heart of the prairie’s and trekked 7 hours to Regina. We took the Trans Canada highway there and our car couldn’t even make the speed limit of 110, our max speed is 105. It was a long drive of not much to see and not very many turns either. We would get excited for a slight turn or even a gas station to stop at. We set up camp in a McDonald’s parking lot again and took off early in the morning for a horse farm in Saskatchewan.

We crossed into the province of Saskatchewan and drove north to Saskatoon and stayed in a small town called Hanely at the farm. The farm was in the middle of nowhere with the closest neighbour a good 15 minute drive away. They had a good chuckle when we locked the door to our car, because they knew that no one else is even close. This was definitely a true Saskatchewan prairie farm experience. The farm had chickens, hens, pigs, goats, lambs, dogs, cats and horses. And all of them except the horses just roamed around free with no cage. What surprised me was that they all got along, the cats would walk right by the horses and they would care at all. We were able to ride the horses a bit and help out with some chores. After that we had our first home cooked meal for dinner and we took full advantage of it and stuffed ourselves.

Some of gravel roads by the farm took a toll on our car and it started making a little clanking noise, were only half way there and it’s not looking good.

We left early in the morning and headed for Calgary, because we were a few hours north of the Trans Canada highway we decided to take the back roads to Calgary and it was much more relaxed then the Trans Canada, but still had nothing except farmland.


Additional photos below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 23


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Comments only available on published blogs

22nd May 2012

Cool
Sounds and Looks like fun! Keep blogging. Nice fish!

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb