Lake Louise To Banff – 24 July


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Banff » Sunshine
August 2nd 2016
Published: August 2nd 2016
Edit Blog Post

Lake Louise To Banff – 24 July



Our bus driver was very organised, an Australian with a Canadian accent. He had lived in Texas and Canada for a while and is married to a Canadian girl. We drove the scenic journey from Lake Louise to Banff, watching for deer and elk crossing specially constructed wildlife bridges over the highway. We also drove along the Bow Valley Parkway for views of Castle Mountain and Johnston Canyon. We wandered around Banff, a town of 8,000 people plus tourists. It was quite busy. As it was close to dinner time we spotted the Mt Royal Hotel and the Tony Romas Restaurant where we shared tasty starters and cold Canadian beers.



In these alpine areas, the hotels are built for the cold snow weather but we could always open our windows. As we were tarting to settle into the travel life, we also started to organise our breakfast the night before rather than having a heavy restaurant breakfast.



We loved Banff with its good bus system, plenty of restaurants and beautiful surrounding mountains. We could see the ski slopes, indicated by no trees. The weather continued to be beautiful with no need for jumpers. Next day we were off to Calgary and to our final day for this tour.


Additional photos below
Photos: 48, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0617s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb