Canadian Rockies Day 11


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Banff National Park
July 14th 2015
Published: July 14th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day 11
This day found us heading south to begin our journey home. We drove thru Jasper and Banff and the scenery is overwhelming! Just so many glaciers high up in the mountains. Only stopped once at a scenic overlook where wildlife gathers in winter as it is protected from the harsh winters. I always thought it was harsh everywhere up here in the winter. It's all relative I guess. We drove the same roads as we did going north, but going south gave us different views. Saw the crazy hat ranch place again, and tons of cattle ranches, and mountains in the distance. Stopped in Pincher Creek for the night and hope to make it to the Wyoming border by the end of the day tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



14th July 2015

Bahahahaha!
I keep hitting 'enter' too soon! Sorry for the empty comment. I just saw the entry from Nate about the senior menu. Bahahahaha! You failed to report on the status of the hat ranch. How do the hats stay on the poles? I'm trying to give you fun things to do on the way back to civilization :) Tell Janet to watch out for signs directing you to the wagon wheel ruts. That's a must-see! XOXO P.
15th July 2015

Bahahaha...
I've tried to respond to all the questions but they don't seem to be getting posted. Anyway, I did not watch the bachelorette! And I saw that some hats were nailed on and didn't look close enough to see if they all were. AND, all animals we saw were alive and breathing, not stuffed. The only thing stuffed is me after our killer dinner!

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb