Bow Valley, July 23, 2005


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Banff National Park
July 23rd 2005
Published: July 27th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Picnic in the ParkPicnic in the ParkPicnic in the Park

After the work party, we had a picnic under the mountains, with all the leftovers from the birthday bash. Yum Yum!
Saturday morning, we left around 11:30 for Kananaskis Country, where a work party had been organized to help prepare Don and Becca’s new house in the park for them to occupy it. Don’s family all came to help - his parents, his brother Doug and Michelle, and their four children. I have no idea what all got done because most people were working inside the house. Michelle and I (Katherine) and the kids worked in the back yard, sanding and painting the shelves from all the closets, and the kitchen cupboard doors, with plenty of help from Jenna, Britta, Ben, and Kessa. It was a warm sunny day, but fortunately there was a steady breeze which helped keep us all from getting overheated.

This work was rewarded! At 5:30, we knocked off and took off for a picnic in the park, after which we attended the interpretive program at Mount Kidd R.V Park, one of the nearby campgrounds. (This place has a kind of club house, which has hot tubs in it as well as lots of other high end amenities. We thought it might be a nice place to stop after a couple of weeks of pit toilets and sponge baths!) The interpretive program, which had been largely written by Don (though he was performing elsewhere that night), and was acted in part by his friend Tim, was just excellent. This is the third Kananaskis program I’ve seen now, and they are far and away the best interpretive programs I’ve ever seen anywhere.

Then we all returned to the Bow Valley campground (about 5 km from Don and Becca’s new house) and we all camped for the night - with John and Marj’s motor home, a tent, and our Vanagon squeezed into one campsite.

We were all pretty tired after that long day’s work, and didn’t stay up long after the kids had been settled into bed. We were up the next morning in time to share a delicious breakfast, and then we all headed in our separate directions.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb