jet lag in banff.


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Athabasca
August 20th 2015
Published: August 20th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Made it toBanff after a very long afternoon flying. We relived 3pm to 4pm several times, leaving Iceland at 4.45 and arriving in Edmonton at 5.10 after a 7 hour flight across time zone. Got to Calgary and got on a shuttle to Banff. In addition.. lceland Air don't feed you on the plane, so we were tired and hungry when we landed.... and one of us hadn't had a c7garette for awhile, o was grumpy tosay the least. Got to bed at 6am our time, having got up at 6.30. Having said that, every leg of our 7 stage journey was on time and we didn't miss a connection anywhere. Pretty amazingg really!

Am using Willy's dad's tablet not a laptop and I an not good with it, so aplogies for typos and bizarre punctuation. Banff is in a great setting, but town is just for tourists.... abit like Aviemore, but verytasteful.

Just wandered around yesterday and Willy now has blisters across thebase of his foot, so weare less mobile today. Will maybe go up to hot baths later as that should beeasy on the feet. Or myabe chat and go up mountain on ag8ndola.

Many Australians here. Can tell 5hem by the way th3y say "Holy shit".

WIll try to put some pictures on, but that's a whole new technogical challenge and may fail miserably. Time passes.......yes addition of photos failed. No errors shown, no reasobs given, but no photos. Will work on it.

You missed Willy eating a maple syrup ane bacon doughnut, Willy eating a pancake thesizeof a Glasgow naan bread, some mountain views and a roadside bike repair kit.

Advertisement



20th August 2015

lucky dog
Its just not fair that Willy can eat so much and not become rotund
22nd August 2015

I will remember to add that to my vocabulary to give you fond memories of Banff and I will ensure to add an extra Australian Accent - love the bacon and syrup donuts - they are so yummy. Enjoy your travels x

Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0268s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb