Meetings in Haifa - look daylight!


Advertisement
Middle East
January 14th 2010
Published: January 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

On the road to meetings in Haifa, the famous port city in the north of the country. Mixed population like Jerusalem, it works well and in the hospital I see Israeli Arabs and Jewish people sitting side by side waiting for the same doctor.

During the lunch in the German Quarters ( settled by Germans in the 19th century), just below the stairs to the botanical gargdens, we suddenly hear two large BOOM´s,..

- That was the sonic booms from a jet fighter, nothing to worry about says Shlomo..

I did not even see or hear the plane. The German Quarters where one of the areas of Haifa that was shelled and badly damaged two years ago in the war, no traces to be seen of that. Fantastic Libanees food for lunch, but it smeared my job-papers in front of me..

About the botanical garden above us, it is told that all plants are planted in a symetrical pattern, it is on of the unique things about it. The stairs, I did not count the steps, but up/down a couple of times every morning before breakfast would keep you in great shape..



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.242s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0615s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb