MUSCAT, OMAN


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates
November 15th 2007
Published: December 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Set off in the afternoon on the train to Heathrow Airport to catch 8 pm overnighter to Bahrain and then onto Muscat in Oman. Flights were fine although had to do an emergency stop on the take off from Bahrain and then sat on the tarmac for two hours!

Arrived safely and met up with Justin, Lynn, Jack and Alice. Justin's mum Lyn was also staying over but was leaving the following day. Temperature was about 30 and remained so for most of the holiday. Stayed at their home in the spare room with en suite which was lovely, all with air con (as you'd expect).

Had a great time, relaxing, reading, enjoying not working and plan to come out again, maybe do a bit of diving and driving!

Went to the Dive Centre and the beach was beautiful, saw the Palace and went to Jack and Alice's school where Lynn works. Happen to go to the International Hotel for food and there was a Harley Davidson rally going on and saw car park full of Harley's!

Enjoyed a very relaxing break after the previous break. Flights home were fine but took four hours to get back from Heathrow as trains cancelled, etc!





Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.351s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 14; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0776s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb