"Oh, the Weather Outside is Anything But Frightful..."


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Fujairah
December 19th 2014
Published: December 21st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Spies Like UsSpies Like UsSpies Like Us

Dad and Kyle keeping watch over the Gulf of Oman. Armed with binoculars and a hours of experience watching spy movies, these two Americans kept tabs on all the boats that moved through the gulf.
With Christmas music being pumped through every hotel we have visited and Christmas trees in every corner of this country, we can't ignore the reminders that the holidays are right around the corner. We are enjoying a climate that is nothing like this during the holidays. Thank goodness!

The beach resort where we are staying just posted a note that they are having a Christmas Tree Lighting celebration tonight. I read this posting while watching Kyle board a boat to go SCUBA diving. I couldn't help but smile as I pondered the vast contrast of sunshine and what we usually expect this time of year.

Needless to say, I could really get used to Decembers that are filled with sun, cool breezes and walks along the beach promenade. We heard from family at home and it sounds like the temperatures in Kansas are not ideal for walks along the promenade.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Boat Ride in Arabian SeaBoat Ride in Arabian Sea
Boat Ride in Arabian Sea

One of Kyle's SCUBA excursions.
SCUBA Steve (aka Kyle)SCUBA Steve (aka Kyle)
SCUBA Steve (aka Kyle)

I like how I accidentally caught these two girls in the photo. No, they are not laughing at Kyle. They are probably laughing at me trying to sneak a photo of Kyle without him knowing.
Dining Al Fresco in DecemberDining Al Fresco in December
Dining Al Fresco in December

Dinner at an Irani restaurant in Khor Fakkan--delicious, inexpensive and only a short walk from our hotel room. What more could we want?
Winter is RelativeWinter is Relative
Winter is Relative

These camels are wearing coats because it is winter. The herdsman told us they needed the coats so they would not get too cold. Seems so hard to believe since the temperatures are in the upper 70s each day.


21st December 2014

I would cover up even if it's in the upper 70s too. #winterlindsayknowsbest
21st December 2014

Winter
I would cover up even if it's in the upper 70s too. #winterlindsayknowsbest

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0373s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb