Last days in the UAE


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
January 19th 2012
Published: January 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hi guys,

Here a quick update before we leave the world of easy access to wifi. After having a quiet day at the sailing club Nic and I were persuaded into going out with three members of the Emirates crew. That night we went to Trader Vic's (salsa bar) and club Zinc (Crowne Plaza hotel). Mojito's and Puci Puci cocktails changed us into the stars of the evening, even being the only white girls we took over that R&B night (as you probably can imagine if you know us well). Forming a battle where would win the whole evening and getting compliments from the head security guy in the most casual clothing you could think of (all the girls were wearing short skirts and high heals, as if they were going down the red carpet). The next night we did it again and where even excused from paying an entry fee or going through the security checks. NICE!

Great fun! Even the next morning people were saying hi (very enthousiastic) to us in the Dubai Mall in such a way that they must have recognised us from the evening before.

It's time to leave this Emirate of contrasts and swop it for the chaos of Bangkok.

Love,

Nic & Steph

Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0267s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1012.9kb