Dubai


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
June 28th 2008
Published: July 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well its the night before the flight to India so we thought we had better add some photos of our stay in Dubai, its been very hot the whole time thank goodness for air conditioning though we know this wont be the case everywhere. The beach was amazing with the water very very warm. The malls and the hotels are out of this world, as are the souks the gold souk was really good though henry didnt enjoy them when i told him i could spend all our trip money there, I was good didn't buy a thing though we did buy 2 new cameras in one of the millions of electrical stores, one underwater one which will be cool for surfing, not that there is any here hahaha poor henry. we have been sledging in the new emirates mall snow resort it was great fun with real snow bit weird considering we are in the desert. We did a open top bus tour of the city and also had a tour in the evening of the city its very beautiful in a built up kind of way.
Henry got very very drunk in the irish village which is an expat area, obviously with a irish theme its really nice with live bands and a real home look about it it is one of the few places to serve alcohol and pork in dubai so alot of expats go there and we had a party there with alot of dad and pattis friends they tried to finish henry off with tiquila but patti stopped him just in time hahaha we left there at about 2.30am henry really did struggle the next day as he also stayed up til about 6am in a drunken bimble having to play with all gadgets including the camera in the pitch blackness every time i dozed off he would take a pic and the flash would light up the room. he was soon kicked in to the lounge hahaha and i woke him early with the same camera treatment hahaha.
anyway must go and pack again now
chat soon enjoy pics sheila and henry


Additional photos below
Photos: 41, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0613s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb