Dubai


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
April 11th 2008
Published: April 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Dubai StreetsDubai StreetsDubai Streets

On the hot streets of Dubai next to their main creek. Awesome.
Dubai - arrive 5:30am after a 7 hour flight from singapore. We have a connecting flight that is . . . . . 22 hours later. Death. Did i write that already in the last blog? i cant remember. Probably because it was 22 HOURS AGO!!

Luckily we got to leave the airport (we actually got a 60 day visa so when supplies are running low we will come back here and stock up on their mega cheap duty free booze amongst other things) and caught a bus to their main city bit. It definately wasn't their upper class rich area that you sometimes see on Getaway (2nd plug in our blogs = looking for sponsorship from them) that we went to. Jess and I walked around in the boiling hot sun wearing heaps of clothes we were forced to don to avoid excess baggage fees and saw some great sites. The buildings were awesome, and the boats on their main creek leading into the ocean were really cool. Boat rides were offered to us but i didnt trust my trusty laptop on their dodgy boats although we were both very keen to go on one.

During our few
Dubai MaccasDubai MaccasDubai Maccas

Not sure what we ordered when this came out! It could have been the Mac Arabia Meal?
hours of walking the streets we observed that there was a male to female ratio of about 400:1, and all the women were tourists, and no children were around. Every male passing Jess stared her down and although we felt safe it was made an interesting experience.

Unfortunately we didnt get to see their Souks (market thingies specialising in things like Gold or Spices) because it was a Friday and all the shops and Markets were shut until 5pm for prayer time. There is this regular song cranked through speakers around Dubai that is a guy wailing solo, what is most likely a religious song or something and it goes off about every 2 hours, and its distorting the speakers it's so loud. Its hilarious and hard to contain our laughter or dancing when it suddenly starts up - my personal highlight of Dubai. I want a copy on CD but cant find it in the duty free shops.

After trailing the streets of Dubai and Jess feeling out numbered we went back to the airport. The end





Visited Countries Map




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Dubai Streets 2Dubai Streets 2
Dubai Streets 2

More boats. . .


7th May 2008

the mcarabia is racistilicious

Tot: 0.261s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0675s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb