Fire in Al Quoz


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
March 26th 2008
Published: March 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

There was a massive fire in Dubai the other day. It was just enormous. It turned out that somehow a fire started in a warehouse in one of the industrial areas of Dubai called Al Quoz and unfortunately this fire hit a warehouse that was illegally storing fireworks and crackers and there was apparently the most almighty explosion. It happened at about 7am in the morning, which luckily for me was just after I was driving past that part of town on the way to work. We could hear all the sirens going past from the office as our office is on Sheikh Zayed Road. And when we looked out the window of the office there was the most enormous black cloud rising up into the sky. As time wore on bits of ash and paper started to fall outside our windows just like snow.

The fire burned on for a couple of days and 3 people were killed and about 7 injured. Everyone in the area has had to wear breathing masks to prevent the toxic fumes. All the schools in the area were shut down but unfortunately it is the part of town where a lot of companys have their labour camps so all the labourers have had to be breathing in all these fumes for days.

Not good


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.254s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 61; dbt: 0.1012s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb