Things to do in Dubai?!?!


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
October 4th 2007
Published: October 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After my Sydney- Christchurch trip I have had 5 days off!! What to do in Dubai???

Me and my friends tend to get a bit bored in Dubai as sometimes everyone is away and you never fancy doing things alone. My friend Kim had never been to the Souks before. There are many types of Souks over here….. Gold, old, spice, textile, you can also pick up fake bags here although they are hidden behind secret walls in the shops or apartments kitted up like a shops as it is very illegal to sell over here………… Souks are basically like little shops that also extend onto the street like stalls. Its just another word for shop really. I took Kim to the Old Souks which sells cushions , traditional gifts and souvenirs. We got a taxi to the gold souks and then an Abra (a small boat) across the creek. Of course we spent lots of money before returning home!!!!!

People had told me before coming away to make sure I did the desert safari, and friends from here have done it and recommended it too………………..

The company pick you up and drive you off into the desert in 4x4 jeeps where you drive all over the sand dunes spinning around, sliding down them, bouncing up and down!!! My friend Lynda was green!!! We were in the jeep with a German couple and he said “ I vust to be scared of flying now I am not avfter vis”!!!!!! Dad I imagined you doing the jeep safari and that laugh you do when you are nervous pretending to enjoy yourself but really you are s**ting yourself……… like at Splash Mountain!!!!!!!!

After an hour of this we visited a camel farm that had a baby camel!!! I rode a camel!!!!!! It was a big bloody thing too!!! Loved it!!

We watched the sunset then went to camp…………………… which was surrounded by stalls selling belly dancing outfits, henna, jewellery and trying on the local dress!!!!! You could also hold a falcon (the country’s national bird and huge expensive sport over here- so much that we allow them on board can you believe!!!!) and smoke the sheesha. We also got fed with traditional Arabic food which was amazing!!! It basically consists of Arabic bread, homous, chicken/ lamb kebabs, pulses, lentils and salad. Usually they put belly dancing on but because it’s the holy month of Ramadan they cant do it. Will have to go again when some of you guys come to visit!!!

Then we got taken home fed and watered!

So guys how are you all? Let me know any gossip!!!!! Bex xxxx



Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



8th October 2007

hi, wow it looks fantastic in dubai! glad your having a brilliant time over there! keep on hjaving fun, im looking forward to hearing more updates on your time there! xxx
8th October 2007

wow
Hi Rebcca wow the photos look great. you must be having such fun. Enjoy it all!!! love from all here XXX
9th October 2007

haha.... the look on your face as the camel was either standing up or lying down was priceless. keep up the good work and take care mwah xx

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb