Dubai UAE - Day 3


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
April 27th 2019
Published: July 2nd 2019
Edit Blog Post

Today, we have a booking for lunch on board the QE2. Last time we were in Dubai they were still renovating it, so it will be nice to see what they have done. This is another buy one get one free deal from The Entertainer.

Looking at the suggested route, it does not look straightforward to get there, but we persevered. This was prudent.

We got the metro to the other side of the creek to the main bus station. Here we stopped in a local café. Two coffees cost us £1.

Then, we got on a bus which drove straight past the QE2 and just kept going. The first bus stop was a long way further on. The walk back to the ship was about a mile through the port, but it gave us a good opportunity to plan our route back later.

Lunch on board the QE2 was everything that we expected it to be. We were free to wander the ship afterwards, so got to see how they have refurbished it for use as a hotel. They have kept many of the original features.

The walk back to the metro station was a lot more straightforward and we were back in about 15 minutes.

This evening, we returned to Ashiana Indian restaurant in the nearby Sheraton Hotel. We were here for lunch on Thursday and they gave us a BOGOF voucher for the buffet tonight.

The amount of food on offer at the buffet was vast and we did our best to try everything. Every time we went up to the food, one of the waiters would join us and explain what each item was. We felt like we were treated as royalty. Two excellent reviews shown on Trip Advisor.

A great evening but we ate far too much as it all looked and tasted so good.


Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0287s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb