International Golf


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Abu Dhabi
January 24th 2012
Published: January 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We moved to Abu Dhabi yesterday for the start of the second test, which starts on Wednesday. Our final two days in Dubai were disappointing because the weather was not at all good! It reminded us of cold, windy,cloudy days on holiday in Devon when the kids were young! Even included was some Devon fog, we couldn't see the Atlantis Hotel which was a view from our hotel balcony! A couple of English people in the hotel lift were Packed ready for theirflight home and were moaning about not having a tan!!!

The coach trip to our hotel right next to the Abu Dhabi Mall took an hour and 20 minutes, an easy run with areas of 'forest' along the side of the motorway, apparently the government are planting forests to make the area look better, can you imagine howmuch water is required to get the trees growing and established, which they most definitely are! In the middle of a desert!

Today, free before the cricket starts again, we took a taxi out to the Abu Dhabi Golf Course where it is practise day before the big tournament starting on Thursday. We had a ball, there were very few members of the public attending, although access was free, and we watched the greats of golf, Lee Westwood, Rory McIlroy, Darren Clarke, Colin McDowell, Tiger Woods and many more at close hand - got some great photos. We also saw a bit of competitive play between Lee Westwood, Michael Vaughan, Gavin Hastings and Jonathan Davies as they were promoting tomorrows pro am tournament 'organised' by Lee Westwood who was also interviewed by Michael Atherton for Sky Sports - watch out for the interview. Rory McIlroy played apractice 9 holes together with Tiger Woods and we watched them come up the 9th and again got great photos.

One more thing tonight - COME ON ENGLAND!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0323s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb