The Danat Resort at Jebel Dhanna


Advertisement
Published: January 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

This weekend we had the utmost pleasure of undertaking a return visit to the Danat Resort at Jebel Dhanna. You may remember from a lot of blogs ago that a previous, rather disasterous visit to this resort had been undertaken. Well at the end of that visit I had written a letter to the management of the resort explaining that we hadn't had a very good visit, but that it had been made so much better through the efforts of a particular staff member. Well of course the GM of the resort had written back to me saying that he was so sorry that we hadn't had a very good time and that they were going to give me a free night's stay there.

So this weekend we went back up to the resort to take advantage of the free night. Unfortunaltey with the weather being what it has been like recently the weather was just FREEZING. So there was no lying on the beach soaking the rays of the sun. However I have to say that we had a totally fantastic visit. They upgraded us to a room with a balcony and there was a bottle of wine waiting in the room, as well as a huge fruit basket, some little nibbles and bottles of water. Sonia (the girl that I had praised in my letter) had called me the day before to let me know that it was really cold up there and that we should bring warm clothes, and whilst we were there the staff couldn't have been more helpful if they tried. It was really lovely.

So we just enjoyed ourselves and slobbed out in the hotel for the weekend. We had a massive meal in the Zaitoun restaurant and followed it up with another massive breakfast at the all you can eat buffet, while reading the newspaper.

And the best part was that we did the entire drive in the new little black SAAB that Dave is buying off Beach Boy. The drive itself was interesting as the recent rain had flooded the desert in areas (check out the photos). It was almost like driving along a causeway with the sea on both sides. Quite surprising actually as last time there was just sand as far as the eye could see.




Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Check out the floodingCheck out the flooding
Check out the flooding

It was like driving past the ocean


Tot: 0.493s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 13; qc: 66; dbt: 0.1313s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb