Ucagich


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Mediterranean
August 9th 2009
Published: August 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Correction to yesterday's entry: the name of the town is Ucagich. The c has a squiggle under it which means it is pronounced as a hard g. (I think)
Also, I think I can post a photo so I'll try that.

Today was spent walking in the heat of the day to Kale Koy (and back - 45 min each way) where there is a beautiful castle on the hill. We stopped at a cafe in Kale Koy for orange juice and gozleme (Turkish pancake, cooked on a gas fired rounded plate, spread with feta and oregano, folded, cut and eaten). We had been here 2 years ago and the owner, Mustafa, looked after us nicely with tomato and watermelon as well. His cafe overlooked the bay, quite high up, and was wonderfully cool. It's a family affair, with the wife and father cooking, and the daughter running errands.

In the afternoon we motored the boat to near the end of the deep bay which Ucagich is in, There is an ice cold spring there and we were curious about it. It ahs been dammed by the locals and is quite a deep narrow pool of freezing water, too cold for us to go into, but it cools the sea water around it very nicely.

Advertisement



10th August 2009

What a lovely diversion to the work I should be doing-takes me back to images of Turkey instantly. I take it you and John are sailing solo/duo. Look forward to keeping in touch with your travels once more.

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb