Lulubergez Day 2 and 3


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Marmara » Istanbul
May 16th 2008
Published: June 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

5/16/o8 Luleburgaz Day 2
Mornings here start much later than ours… around 10:00am. This morning we met with government officials such as the mayor and governor. Their system is based on the French government and is somewhat different from the system used in America. The mayor is in charge of physical things in the city such as roads, buildings, sewer, and new construction. He is elected into a 5 year position and can stay in office for an unlimited number of terms as long as he is reelected. The governor is appointed by the Turkish government and can only serve one five year term in a city. After holding this office governors usually move up in power. Governor is in charge of the police money and schools (people.) We met both of these men today! The governor said that I was a beautiful American and he had a son that was 28 and available. It was funny we visited the mayor second and the Turkish GSE team chairperson told me that I was safe because he only had a daughter. Both said that they were very honored to have us in their city and that it is people like us that will rebuild the good ties between America and Turkey.

We toured the Raki factory after lunch. Raki is a Turkish alcohol that if mixed with water or ice it will turn from clear to white.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0225s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb