Tea for two and a Bosphorous view


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Marmara » Istanbul
April 11th 2008
Published: April 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Turkish teaTurkish teaTurkish tea

The teapot looks like a double boiler. Hot water in the bottom and very strong tea in the upper half. You fill the glass half full of tea and then add water. It is very good.
While in the park where so many tulips were in bloom we found ourself tired and hungry and near several small outdoor cafes that served Turkish tea, coffee and other goodies. We found a table beside a low wall where we could look out over the water to the Bosphorus. This is the busiest seaport we have every seen. There are little ships, big ships as well as various sized ferries going in all directions. If you are a captian of a ship here, or a harbor master you surely have to keep on your toes. There must be a method behind the madness of all the ships going to and fro, but I don't know what it is. It must really be fun when the entire area is socked in with fog and rain.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Looking toward the Bosphorus.Looking toward the Bosphorus.
Looking toward the Bosphorus.

The bridge over the Bosphorus is hard to see in the distance.
Busy seaportBusy seaport
Busy seaport

I watched, wondering how two of the ships were going to pass each other. Notice the ancient city wall at the bottom of the photo.


Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0371s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb