Return to Istanbul


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Marmara » Istanbul » Beyoglu
May 14th 2016
Published: May 14th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Saturday: Arrive at the docks at 6:00 AM. The view coming in – with the sun rising over the Bosphorus bridge – was wonderful, lighting up Topkapi and the Sultanamet mosques. We exited the ship and transfered to the Pera Palace Hotel where we dropped off our luggage and went out into the surrounding Beyoglu District. After a few hours we returned to the hotel and sat for awhile waiting for our room to be ready. As we sat on the veranda John managed to spill an entire glass of ginger ale on Peggy, leading to a change of clothing prior to getting into the room. We had an unremarkable lunch near the “tunel” cable car that comes up the hill from the Galata Bridge and the Sulanamet street trolley. Upon return to the hotel we got into our room, just prior to the start of a huge wedding celebration that eclipsed the entire ground floor and was identified on the billboard as running from 4PM until 4AM. While Peggy rested John went out to wander the streets, almost bumping into the bride and groom (looking spectacular … and happy) as they arrived at the hotel. Later in the day we went out looking for a bar with a view. We checked our Divan Brasserie (good view of the Boshporus) and watched the Windstar leaving port on its return trip to Athens. Then we walked down the street and took the elevator to the 8th floor of an apartment building and the 360 Club. Terrific view of the Bosphorus and the Sultanamet. We even stopped at the hotel next to us (Maramara Pera Hotel) with an 8thfloor bar with spectacular views of the Golden Horn and the Sultanamet. We are surrounded by spectacular views and wonderful sites.

Feeling a little worn out we decided to return to our room, order a light dinner and watch a movie.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.247s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0718s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb