The Armenian Genocide


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Central Anatolia
January 23rd 2014
Published: January 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

You might know about the Holocaust Genocide that took place around 1933, which is where Jews were hated and were killed by the Nazis lead by Hitler, but do you know about the Armenian Genocide that took place in 1915 in Anatolia, which is a part of Turkey?

The Armenian Genocide was a moment of sorrow and pain for the Armenians. This genocide is considered to be one of the first modern day genocides. The Ottoman government decided to get rid of the Armenian people, its minority. Men were killed "on the spot" while women, children, and elders were forced to walk through the Syrian Desert until killed by the heat or they would get deported. Christians, Assyrians, and Greeks were also targeted in this genocide because they were all minorities in the Ottoman Empire. About 1,500,000 people were killed during the genocide. ALL Armenian villages were burned down to the ground by the Armenian soldiers. There were concentration camps and the Armenian people were also gassed just like in the Holocaust later on.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb