AB Travelling Duo


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Central Anatolia
May 7th 2008
Published: May 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Mark and I have been in Turkey now for a few days. After a bit of a long flight through London we arrived in the capital late in the evening and got right into right away by trying to figure out how to take a bus from the airport rather than getting a taxi the whole (expensive) way. And then after a group of old men discussed how best to get us to our hotel a taxi took us off and we ended up staying in a great old Ottoman mansion. Ankara was enjoyable and we finished it off with a crazy drive out of the city in our rental car. Mark rose to the challenge and drove like a Turk to navigate those streets.

We are now in the center of the country, in Cappadocia. We have been here for a few days and have another day left. We are surrounded by a crazy moonscape with caves that have living quarters, monasteries and churches that date back thousands of years. We went on a hot air balloon ride this morning and were left amazed at the whole area and more than annoyed at one hyperactive Spanish guy (wearing a faux turban!) whom Mark was ready to chuck over the side.

We are here for one more day and then off to the coast. We will update you when we can.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0324s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb