Missed out on the fun and crash


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Central Anatolia » Cappadocia » Göreme
April 20th 2006
Published: June 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

01 My bathroom01 My bathroom01 My bathroom

This is my revolting cave bathroom. I got the worst room out of the whole group!
Geo: 39.1452, 35.3437

Didn't wake up to well this afternoon, had to be told to get out of the room! Whoops! I missed out on the Vespa ride around the valley, which was disappointing. There was no way I could drive a vehicle or be in one at the moment. Instead I slowly packed and sat out in the sun feeling sorry for myself. The rest of the group would be riding around and having fun right now. Went for a little walk around the hotel and took a few photos of the fairy chimney buildings.
In the mid afternoon went for a walk into town to do some shopping and to have some food. On the way back to the hotel, bumped into the others who had just returned from their day of riding. There was a bit of drama - a crash! Rachel and Claire collided on a corner. There were damaged girls and bikes. We sat around at the hotel for a while, freshened up and then walked back into town to have some dinner before we caught the bus.
At the bus stop there was a large group of hippies. We had our fingers crossed that they were not
02 Fairy chimneys02 Fairy chimneys02 Fairy chimneys

Some fairy chimneys near the hotel.
going to be on our bus- they smelled!!
Luckily enough they didn't get on our bus. We boarded at 8pm and began our bloody long journey to Istanbul. The bus wasn't too bad. We got excited when they put on a movie- great we thought a way to make the journey seem shorter- entertainment. It was The Pacifier with Vin Diesel, but apparently there were no English subtitles so we watched it in Turkish- annoying, wasn't too bad as we had a great body to look at!! Four hours later we stopped for half an hour at a service station. It was freezing!! The drive was so slow. The bus seemed to crawl along and didn't get out of 3 gear or go onto any highways- it was a painful journey.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

03 More03 More
03 More

More fairy chimneys.
04 Hotel04 Hotel
04 Hotel

The building in the middle of the photo is our hotel.
05 Main street05 Main street
05 Main street

Main street of Goreme.
06 Sunset06 Sunset
06 Sunset

Sunset in Goreme.


Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0304s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb