Traditional singing and dancing


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Central Anatolia » Cappadocia » Göreme
April 18th 2006
Published: June 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

01 Kids01 Kids01 Kids

The kids putting on a sing and dance for us.
Geo: 39.1452, 35.2123

Back in the mini-bus we hit the road for Goreme. On the way we made a stop at a school that likes tourists to come and visit. The kids were very excited that we had arrived. Some of them dressed up in traditional clothing and did some singing and dancing for us. Part of the classroom was set up as a traditional Turkish house.

Spent the rest of the day driving. Was looking forward to the next hotel, as Hussein told us that the rooms were caves! I found out later on that my room was nothing to get excited about.

The hotel is on the side of a hill and all the rooms are caves. The room that I was given was horrible. It stank mouldy, had a tiny little window and was dark- won't be spending much time in here! All the rooms at this hotel were very different, some people had pay TV, baths, huge rooms- mine was the worst of them all!

Spent the evening watching TV with the help of the hotel staff who were more than willing to assist us with the pay TV system. The two guys very excitedly recommended their favorite channels
02 Living in a dream world.02 Living in a dream world.02 Living in a dream world.

This boy is relaxing in the corner, while 1 girl is ironing, another cooking and the other two sewing!! Hope he doesn't think that this is reality!!
to us.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

03 Classroom03 Classroom
03 Classroom

We went to visit a classroom.
04 Building04 Building
04 Building

The school building.
05 Scenery05 Scenery
05 Scenery

Some of the scenery on the road to Goreme.


Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0316s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb