Why Be Pushed When You Can Jump?


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Central Anatolia » Ankara
July 1st 2007
Published: July 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Waaaaaaaay Better Than the Taj MahalWaaaaaaaay Better Than the Taj MahalWaaaaaaaay Better Than the Taj Mahal

[i]That[/i] ıs the blue mosuque.
Samir's article. Title explanation: Why be forced to do something dumb when you can do something dumb at your own will? Anyway, way back ın Kashmir we came back from our road trip {alive} to our houseboat. In our last few days there we went to a floating market...hunky dory, hunky dory....had a water fıght...hunky dory, hunky dory...Jamil fell into the lake...hunky dory, hunky dory. Parting from Kashmir and flying to Delhi was possibly one of the hardest things we'd ever done. Parting from Delhi was possibly the easiest. We stayed in London a little, then flew here, to Turkey. We landed in Istanbul, where we visited underground cisterns, the famed blue mosque and two museums {one wıth an awesome nucleur sub parked in the front}. Also celebrated my birthday there, junk food, movie, junk food...you know, the usual. After Istanbul we took a bus, which was nice, which surprised us, to Safranbolu, an unimaginably old city. We took a golf cart tour there {which was odd} went to museums wıth terrifying mannequins and basically explored. Then we rented a car and drove around to freezıng caves and aquaducts, and then stopped for 2 nights right on the Black Sea. After those two nights we drove some more along the coast and finally made it to a beach hotel in the dead of night. The next day we drove some more to a harbor/city and we stayed there for the night. Moved again the next day, to Kastamonu, a bıg city not on the coast. Finally finished in Safranbolu,but only stayed one night. By the way, I guess I'd better explain the title explanation. Road trip, Day 1: trunk broke, will never lock again. Day 2: gas ran out. Twice. (battery also died once). Day 3: radiator overheated one too many times. Army guys ended up helping us. Other days: All of us kids sat in back. You can only imagine. Anyway, we took a bus out of Safranbolu to Ankara, where we are now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

QuackQuack
Quack

Aquaduck on the way out of Safranbolu.
The Naturally AC CavesThe Naturally AC Caves
The Naturally AC Caves

Belıeve ıt or don't, but we were actually relıeved to come out and thaw.
MudmenMudmen
Mudmen

Who me? Mıss snow? Ha ha ha!


Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0853s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb