5 buses and a long day


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Aegean » Pamukkale
June 1st 2009
Published: June 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Can't believe that it's already June 1st! This morning we woke up in our Treehouse in Olympos (ate baklava for breakfast) and took 2 buses back to Antalya where we picked up our bags, had lunch, and got back on three different buses to get to Pamukkale where we are now. We actually had really good transit Karma but I don't want to see another bus for a couple of days. That being said, I am really proud of how we have managed to navigate the Turkish transit systems. Most of the time we just end up asking the bus driver where he's going, and miraculously we end up where we need to go. Poor Nessie gets motion sickness from the bus, and has to focus the entire ride. It will be nice for her to relax as well.

When we arrived at our "hostel" we were pleasantly surprised back the fact that it was far less pension/hostel like than where we have stayed previously. Given that we spent last night in a wilderness treehut I am perfectly comfortable with an airconditioned room, a pool and a blow dryer. Tomorrow we are going to explore some of the ruins in the area, perhaps even by car. We haven't ironed out the details yet or if I will actually be okay driving a car in Turkey. I figure if we are sticking to country roads it should be okay, but that I absolutely refuse if we are going anywhere near a city.

We are spending two nights at our glorious hotel before we head back to the coast to Selcuk which is the town you stay in the visit Ephesus. I can't believe I have less than 10 days left in Turkey. Time has gone by fast so far, but I am really excited to meet up with Adam in Thailand. Last I heard from him, he is really enjoying his alone time. He spends the first two ours of his day drinking tea and planning the what he will do for the rest of his day. He mentioned something about doing some Thai-boxing lessons and checking out the giant BMK mall (supposed to be great for good fakes). Sounds like he's doing just fine.

More from Pamukkale tomorrow.

Love Poke/Nicole
xo





Advertisement



Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0763s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb