Day 19: Kusadasi and Patmos


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Aegean » Kusadasi
May 26th 2013
Published: May 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

I just found the day that I lost! On this day we went to Kusadasi in the morning which is in Turkey. We visited the ancient ruins of Ephesus which is kind of similar to Pompeii, a massive city that is still being uncovered today. Later we had a carpet making demonstration where we got taught about the different types of Turkish carpets, silk, wool and cotton (silk is the most expensive!). We then went to Patmos where we just chilled on the beach for the afternoon and had our feet cleaned but fish! Later we had a Toga party back on the ship. I will put photos up shortly and try and sort out the right dates for everything!


Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

KusadasiKusadasi
Kusadasi

We were all standing around this rock with our tour guide explaining what it was, then a cat decided to go right in the middle of it and be the center of attention.
KusadasiKusadasi
Kusadasi

Cats seem to own Ephesus
KusadasiKusadasi
Kusadasi

Old medical symbol, similar to the one we have today
KusadasiKusadasi
Kusadasi

Old toilets, the richer you were, the closer you were to the start of the the sewage line.
KusadasiKusadasi
Kusadasi

Uncovering some of the ruins, this part has just recently been open.
KusadasiKusadasi
Kusadasi

People still hard at work uncovering the ancient ruins.


Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0769s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb