Turkey is great


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Aegean » Kusadasi
May 7th 2007
Published: May 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Having an awesome time in Turkey

The weather is scorching and the beach is lovely.

We are in Kusadasi at the moment which is an awesome place. We are staying here for 4 days and doing some day trips from here. We have a great room and the hostel has a pool. The view is also amazing. Will try upload a photo later.

Cant believe we have only been in Turkey for 3 days. We have done so much.

Started off in İstanbul which is a crazy place. Highlight was the Blue Mosque. Such a peaceful spiritual place. Tourists stick out like a sore thumb here and you constantly get harrassed by shopkeepers trying to get you to buy stuff.

From İstanbul we hopped on the Fez Bus and dıd tours of Gallipoli and Troy. Stayed in a place called Canakalle (pronounced chanakaley). Next day was Pergamon tour. Ruins and an amazing ampitheatre. Got to Kusadasi yesterday. Today we wandered around and then went to a beach called Ladies beach. Got charged $12 for 2 beachchaırs and an umbrella. Getting a great tan.

İts very hard typing on this keyboard as some of the letters are in the wrong place.

Turkey is not as cheap as people said it was and there are no prices on anything especially things like water and snacks. Always feel like we are being ripped off.

Had a yummy kebab for lunch today. Food is quite good. Breakfasts are strange. Mostly bread cucumber tomato and a hard boiled egg.

İt is very hot here. Cant imagine what it is like in summer. Was good to have some downtime today at the beach. Water was crystal clear.

Met some good people on the Fez bus. Aussies and Kiwis. Been hangıng out with them mostly. Tour guide is a Kiwi.

People here are so funny. They say all these funny things. Lıke when you tell them you are from NZ they say 'Long white cloud'

Aaron has gone off to have a Turkish shave. Hope he comes out ok.



Advertisement



8th May 2007

te shuka rarerem
Cool. I want details of the shave. I wish I had gotten one when I was there. The lira is worth like a million NZD so it makes it hard to do the conversion in your head. I remember the food being expensive I just ate those funny pooh shaped breads they sell by the pile on the street carts! What about the markets in Istanbul. Sultanamet?
8th May 2007

Hey Guys Look forward to your updates of your trip, so please keep them coming. Hope you are having a fantastic time and that Aaron survived the Turkish shave hehe :).

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb