Hama- castles juice and the runs


Advertisement
Syria's flag
Middle East » Syria » West » Hama
January 20th 2007
Published: February 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The next few days we cruised around the pretty town of Hama. It is famous for its massive waterwheels that are still in operation today- but just as a tourist attraction!

Hama prooved to be full of super friendly people- as always the case in Syria. While I was fairly spanked with a tragically humerous and fantastic case of the runs (tragically humorous like when a clown dies). Apart from the cool school water wheels we discovered numerous cheap and hearty juice bars- which were frequeneted almost as many times as I went to the toilet.

We took a day trip out to see the spectacular crusader castle of Crac De Chavelliers. When researching what to see in Syria, Crac De Chavelliers was high on my list. While my energy levels werent at their normal Tiger levels I was still stoked to see this massive construcion. The castle, as the story goes was never truly breached its just that it was given up by the crusaders in return for safe passage through Syria. And being at the castle I could easily see why. It was built in two sections each as formidable as the other- each section was guarded by massive sheer walls, imposing turrets and of course a sweet sweet moat.





Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 81; dbt: 0.0981s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb