Dolphin Day


Advertisement
Oman's flag
Middle East » Oman » Muscat
February 7th 2007
Published: February 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day 7:

Thursday and Friday are the weekend in Oman, so we decided to stay at the centre and dive, as anywhere else would be very busy. After a big(ish) breakfast we got ready for our dive, analysing nitrox and getting our stuff onto the boat.

We headed out to sea, it was not too rough, going around to the wreck again. This time our dive was much better, I was very chilled out. We started at the bow and worked backwards spending time going through walkways and into various holds and enclosed areas. We even swam through the wreck from one side to the other! There was a bit of a current and so taking photos of the nudibrancs was more difficult, but still got lots of nice shots of the wreck and fishes. It was a great dive.

We surfaced and during our break headed further out to sea, where there were several hundred common dolphin (with other boats around them) jumping out of the water and generally having what looked like fun. It was a great way to spend a surface interval. After a while we headed to the beach for a break, I snoozed on the boat again.

Our second dive was at The Caves (no caves spotted by us tho!), it was a very pretty scenic dive with lots of boulders. We spotted a few crayfish, a little ray. A huge shoal of fusiliers crossed our path several times. There were lots of pretty shoals of fish, and some great soft corals. It was a fantastic dive, Mummy’s knees survived the dives (I helped her dekit so she didn’t wear her kit up the ladder sparing them so they would work again tomorrow!). The dive crew were very helpful and looked after us well.

We had a big salad, chips and veggi spring rolls for lunch, then sat by the hut, the sun decided to be a bit rude and kept hiding behind clouds. We decided to give up on sun bathing and went for a walk over the hill to the neighbouring beach, the public beach. It took us a while to get there, but the views were good. People were playing football, volleyball, walking and generally having fun. There was a small ruined village which we looked around and a shop where we got a mango juice carton and some fresh popcorn before we headed back over the hill to the dive centre. After putting my photos on to the laptop and generally chilling out (literally as the AC was a bit cold for me!) we headed to dinner.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 18; dbt: 0.0255s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb