Hello sunshine


Advertisement
Oman's flag
Middle East » Oman » Muscat » Muttrah
December 8th 2011
Published: December 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Arrived at the airport on time left the car with the valet parking boys (yes this is different to my NZ trip,but I am travelling with Sue don't forget !). Check in took 5 minutes and straight through security. A quick shop for essentials (books etc) then straight to the lounge. A couple of large G&T's and before you know it it's time to board.

We're flying with Oman Air for the first time and they live up to their promise. The service was excellent and their flat beds allowed us to get some sleep (although the champagne helped as well!)

Landed ahead of schedule and after purchasing a visa (bit of a surprise that, dont remember doing that the first time we were here) we were through customs and in a taxi to the hotel. Friendly driver even asked us what music we wanted so it was Bob Marley all the way!

Arrived at hotel 45 minutes later. Uneventful journey even if it was a bit fast! Lots of building work going on as usual. Checked in and very savvy receptionist persuaded us to upgrade (well it is Sue's birthday). We're now in the Al Husn hotel in a suite with ocean view.

A quick recce of the hotel followed and then straight to the pool for a lie down in the sun. Mezze in the beach cafe and then watched the sun go down over the mountains before returning to the room.

Having been up most of the day we had an early dinner (Italian - why is it that wherever you go in the world there will always be an Irish bar and an Italian restaurant ?)

That's us for the day, tomorrow it's more of the same but also enquiring about scuba diving a bientot!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb