Hidden Gem


Advertisement
Lebanon's flag
Middle East » Lebanon » Beirut
April 1st 2010
Published: November 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

When i was young i lived on a council estate.. If your house or block was bad they said it looked like Beirut.
That was not meant to be a compliment. But it was a sign of the times in the 80's for both me and Beirut. To reverse that slander i had to write and tell the world that it is worth every accolade you could find, it truly is a city of contrasts.

First of all everyone has invaded. So it has a proud history of survival and it has borrowed and adopted a little of each of its visitors.. I can give you a history lesson but Greeks to Venetians to Romans to Persians to crusaders to Arabs to the Syrians and north Africans it has seen them all, even the French up to very recent times had an influences..

But what they have left is a stunning location, amazing food and lust for life and living the moment; as too often they don't know what tomorrow will bring so why worry..
It has amazing produce and wine & food..
It has snow ski-ing and mountains.
Hot summers warm springs and autumn..
Ancient ruins and history.
A blend of Arabic and French or Muslin and Christian...
Night-life and beautiful people like you have never seen...
I took my parents, they loved it.. I challenge anyone not too..

I love it, its Lebanon and its Beirut..


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb