waiting in Kuwait


Advertisement
Kuwait's flag
Middle East » Kuwait
May 20th 2009
Published: May 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Lee (Heaton). We're on our way home from Thailand with Qatar airways and we have encountered a 'slight' hiccup but its not a real issue for us. We got to Doha in preparation for our connecting flight back to Manchester and there is a so-called 'technical problem' with the aircraft we were due to fly home on. Therefore, we've all had to be put up at one of the airport hotels here overnight at Doha airport until another aircraft has become available tomorrow. However, we've arranged with Qatar airways to stay in the Middle East for a couple of days and fortunately they've booked us on a flight back to Manchester in two days time instead free of charge for the inconvenience. We've only done this for one reason, which is in the hope we can meet up with you both, so we thought we'd hop on a cheap flight to Kuwait to catch up with you and Anya. Can you come down to the Holiday Inn hotel in Kuwait City later? Our hotel's address apparently is on 'Abdullah al Ahmed street' in the city. Don't ask me how the hell we got here in the taxi from the airport, but no doubt you should know the place.
The problem is, is that we do not know your home address or telephone number and I can't remember your place of work, so the only hope of us contacting you is via email or this travelblog which hopefully you'll read before we have to go back to Doha.
So, if possible, come down to the Holiday Inn later and ask for us under Mr+Mrs. Thomas at reception as this is where we are right now. We'll wait in our room watching telly or sommet until you arrive, assuming that you do of course. If you can't make it, don't worry about it. We don't need to put on you for staying at your flat as we've already paid in advance for this 2 day stay at this hotel. We don't have our phone with us, so just come down if you can after work...we'll be at our room from 4pm onwards. If you haven't turned up by say 8pm we'll assume you can't make it.
As we say, we have about 48 hours in Kuwait so if you could make it, that'd be great. We'll take you both out if you can recommend anywhere to eat later so have a think about it. If the Hard Rock cafe is yet open, maybe we could eat there?
The internet is so expensive here at this hotel, so its doubtful we'll be logging back on again to retreive emails etc should you drop us a line back, so instead we'll wait in the hope you'll come down.
Graham and Tracey

Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0205s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb