Last week Catch up! Save a Child/BOTY


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » Tel Aviv District » Tel Aviv
September 16th 2008
Published: September 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Last weekend was Israel vs. Switzerland and most of the arts chanichim joined the Athletic program at the game. Israel was down by one point with twelve seconds to go, and scored another goal to end the game in a tie at the last minute. I’m sad I missed the game. On Wednesday the chanichim went to the Edith Wolfson Medical Center in Holon for the Save a Childs Heart Foundation. A non-partisan, non-profit organization that takes Jordanian, Palestinian, and mainly African children with heart problems into the hospital and give them a new life. They have saved over 2000 children in 36 countries and all the children are from poor living standards who cannot afford the $10,000 bill. In Ethiopia they have two cardiologist for 70 million children, Save a Childs Heart brings some of those children to Israel so they can go through the surgery and live another day. The Doctor says if they don’t have money, we’ll do the surgery anyway, and find a payment method later. The program strongly believes that “a heart’s, a heart”, and “a child’s, a child”. The chanichim will volunteer in the hostpital in the coming months. They were brought to the house where the children stay before and after the process. They had a chance to do small art excersizes with the children and make an impact on their day. It was a very special day for the chanichim, they all want to volunteer at the hospital now. The three boys, Sam, Eli, and Gil sang songs softly on the way out as they are trained singers.

A few days before the chanichim arrived I was given free tickets to Israel’s Preliminary battle for Battle of the Year (BOTY) which is the world’s largest break dance battle in Germany. I met the man who put the program together and got to rock the floor a bit with the Israeli crowds. I have lots of footage that I’ll add to the blog, so come back.




COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0191s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb