Fun in the Sun


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » Tel Aviv District » Tel Aviv
August 13th 2007
Published: August 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today was spent mostly on our own until the tour started with an introductory dinner. It was a typical steamy day (in the high 80’s with a healthy amount of humidity). We started with the “Israeli Breakfast” buffet included with our hotel room. We had heard about the amazing breakfasts in Israel, but this was truly incredible: an huge array of fresh cheeses, breads, fruit, salads, cereal, eggs, pastries, fish, and a half dozen hot dishes (blintzes, crepes, quiche, etc…). Marisa, who loves breakfast, thought she was in heaven.

We then headed to the beach for some fun. The clear blue water was absolutely perfect - warm, with gentle waves. We rented a couple boogie boards and had a blast riding the surf. The only disappointment was that we didn’t want to risk staying out in the blazing Mediterranean sun for more than 90 minutes.

In the evening we met the rest of the tour group. There are only 2 other families: one from New York and one from Chicago. They seem very nice and the kids all seem to be getting along well. Our tour leader is Michel (pronounced Mee-chell). She has tremendous enthusiasm and will be a fun guide. Dinner was at a traditional Middle-Eastern restaurant and was delicious, a perfect end to a perfect day.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb