Dead Sea


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » South District » Ein Bokek
March 10th 2015
Published: March 10th 2015
Edit Blog Post

After leaving crowded Jerusalem we headed to the Dead Sea. Britt and I have been working hard with our different programs so we both needed a get away and one with sun and floating around. The Dead Sea is over 400 meters below sea level and is 9 times more salty than the ocean. We spurlged a little and stayed in a nice resort right on the sea. It was great because now is the off season and the was really quiet during our stay. We sat on the beach and around the pool to recoup from Jerusalem and prepare for Jordan.

The second day there was a little cloudy and windy so we decided to hike Masada. Masada was the last stand for a group of rebel Jews against the Roman Army. After being surrounded the Jews decided that instead of allowing themselves to become slaves they would rather die. They chose ten men to kill the over thousand people and then on eof the ten to kill the nine and then kill himself. Only five people survived by hiding and escaped. It is a symbol for the Jewish community about not giving into others and something to stand for. It is a long walk up but we were rewarded for our effort. It is a beautiful view of the Dead Sea and a good way to spend a day. We relaxed in the spa when we returned to the hotel. We also did the Dea Sea mud treatment, you have to when you are there.

Next stop Jordan!


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 25; qc: 112; dbt: 0.0895s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb