Hiking in the countryside of Israel


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » North District
July 11th 2013
Published: July 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Kziv StreamKziv StreamKziv Stream

Natures wonderful carving skills makes small pools along the way of its route.
Israel, the Holy Land, holds so many wonders within it's borders. I have decided to start writing this blog to share with others my enthusiasm regarding our beautiful country. To get others to come and visit, to see for themselves the truth in the Biblical stories of the mountains, the rivers, the Great Sea, the wildlife and so much more. Israel is not just another country. It is an icon. One that has never lost it's importance to the Jewish people and the entire world itself.

Follow through on my journey of discovering new places to visit, whether it be in nature, in a museum, an archaeological site or just to people watch. It is my hope that our journey together will strengthen your desire to visit these places and discover their magic. become stronger.

Yesterday I drove north to the Western Galilee to hike in the Kziv Stream. Located not too far from the Lebanese border this area of the country is lush with natural green plants and trees. The mountains are very steep and high and the twisting roads take you on a journey of beauty from one kilometer to the other. We started our hike at
Bridge over the streamBridge over the streamBridge over the stream

A small bridge so you don't get your feet wet, but why not walk directly in the water. It's so cool on a hot summer day.
the small town of Maalot-Tarshiha on the lip of the deep ravine where the stream flows. After driving on a road barely the width of our car (luckily no one came up the road), we parked in a small area and began our descent by foot. The walk afforded such beautiful views of the surrounding hills, the trees and the occasional lizard. We identified trees and plants and how they can be used for food and medicine. The walk only took 50 minutes, which was very pleasant at which the end we were rewarded. Rewarded by a cool stream with water flowing and fish swimming within. A stream that one would never imagine existed had they stayed up on the lip of the ravine. Although there are areas where you can hear the water flowing in the stream, you can never see the water due to the lush foliage and distance from above.

After having a nice picnic lunch, including collecting all trash to be thrown after returning to the top we deliberated if to return from whence we came or to take another route. Needless to say, there are many options for hiking in this little Garden of Eden in Israel. all include going down and back up the steep cliffs of the ravine. But all give a satisfaction that only someone who has hiked can understand. Your cardio-vascular system gets a workout but not on the treadmill or the static bicycle but rather by walking in nature and experiencing it's nature.

Ways to start the hike. From Maalot-Tarshicha; from Hila: from Meilya; from Zeitim camp grounds. There is a way from Goren but due to road works this is not an option at this time.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0988s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb