Nazareth


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » North District » Nazareth
September 26th 2009
Published: October 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Nazareth is located 20 kilometers from Tivon (where i live). Nazareth is an arab-christian city with a beautiful Basillica it is known as the city Jesus grew up in. Me and Roee went there for a couple of hours. The traffic was absoloutey horrible in the center. After having finally parked our car we went to the town square which was next to a little roundabout. Nazareth wasn't really 'all that' in my eyes. After visiting the The Church of the Annunciation (which is the most famous sight) we took a walk through the market, which was very similair to the arab market in Jerusalem. After having seen the The Church of the Annunciation, The Church of St. Joseph's Carpentry and the market we went for a drink. And that is about it of what there is to do in Nazareth. The plums we bought in the market were amazing though, yumyum.

Facts about the two sights:
- The Church of the Annunciation is the largest Christian church building in the Middle East. In Roman Catholic tradition, it marks the site where the Archangel Gabriel announced the future birth of Jesus to the Virgin Mary.

- The Church of St. Joseph's Carpentry occupies the traditional location for the workshop of Saint Joseph.





Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0624s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb