The next day, the one after yesterday!


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » Jerusalem District » Jerusalem
January 7th 2009
Published: January 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So another day another lecture. It's been a VERY heavy two days. We went on a bus tour yesterday around the Old City. We had a look at Bethlehem and the Hebrew University. We also decided to try out a new bar down the road. We managed to get Julie to throw down a Jagerbomb haha. We stayed there for a while and then decided to try and find the Irish Pub. We found it eventually after nagging half of the population of Jerusalem for directions. It wasn't so crash hot, "no waterbottles, don't sit there, that's reserved" blah blah, then there was the music... it was more like Carmen's than an Irish pub. Oh wells, beggars can't be choosers.

This morning they took us through the Yad Vashem Museum, it was such a powerful and moving experience that they gave us a whopping extra half an hour at lunch (which is what we're doing now). After this we are going to the Valley to listen to two survivor testimonies which will also be very emotionally draining. We have our first debriefing tonight thankfully.

Here is a link to the Facebook group which will have some photos uploaded to it and hopefully soon some videos (thanks to Ron), I'm not sure if you can access it, but here's for trying:
Yad Vashem Winter Seminar 2009

Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0851s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb