The Prime Ministers Conference


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » Jerusalem District » Jerusalem
November 13th 2008
Published: November 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today is Wednesday, November 12, 2008. We attended the Israeli Prime Ministers Conference. Dignitaries, Delegations, Business people, Professors from all over the world were here ~ even Benjamin Netanyahu spoke.

Please picture if you will ~ we are here, in Jerusalem, the Center of the World, a Land which everyone is focused upon, has an opinion about and/or fighting over. And here I was, little ole’ me from Sequim, WA, literally rubbing elbows with The Hon. Ariel Attias, Minister of Communications, while he ordered a latte, security guards and secretaries in tow. Feeling very important I stood up as tall as I could without being on tippy-toe ~ any higher and I would have been floating.

The focus of this tour has been to introduce us to the nuts and bolts workings of Israel, Her people and their relationship with the rest of the world. Part of that was to get us into environments where we could learn about ways to participate and invest in or start up a business in Israel.

We heard addresses ~ through translators, no less ~ by a number of business people which focused on the state of the economy of the world. They expressed their hope that this Conference would be fruitful by introducing new ideas to improve the world financial scene.

We also had a brief opportunity while waiting for our cab to speak with Ted Cohen, Managing Partner of TAG Strategic, USA, and who also has been a really big wig in the music industry for many years. Being very interested in the music industry ourselves it was a terrific opportunity and thrill to be able to talk with someone like him. You just don’t talk to people like that every day and he was very happy to answer our questions and had much more to share but, darn!, our taxi arrived and we had to leave.

It’s funny ~ just saying “We’re so sorry but our taxi’s here”, made me feel important somehow, as if I, myself, were someone important with places to go and people to see. Oh, I know, I’m important in my own way, too. It’s just fun to say. Especially to someone like Mr. Cohen…..

All I can say is that this was probably one of the most incredible experiences of my life and I’ll never forget it.

The rest of our day was spent walking around the Old City ~ praying at the Wailing Wall, shopping in a few shops, and walking up on the old city walls. Everything here is built of stone even the streets are paved with it ~ which can be pretty slippery when wet ~ worn smooth, but still uneven, by years of generations who have walked them.

Sorry these blog entries have been slow in coming. We have not had easy access to the internet and have been pretty worn out by the time we get back to the hotel ~ will try and do a little better, though no guarantees.

Until Next Time ~ The Traveling Runyonies bid you Shalom, Good Night from Jerusalem!


Advertisement



15th November 2008

You ARE important!
Yes, you are! You have a jealous Father who guards you and watches each step you take. Yes, YOU are important ... but it is kinda fun to think we might have some importance in this fleshly world, too, eh? Love your blogs! Have you gotten my text messages (sent on Friday 11/14)?

Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.021s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb